Human Geo 10/10/17

Today in Human Geography we got back our pop quizzes on the two maps that were in a packet that we did a few days or a week prior to taking the pop quiz and I was surprised that I only got one wrong when I thought I would get a lot more wrong because I did not study and was not prepared for it. We also learned about Cultural Regions and how culture is a complex concept because it can have two different meanings. The first meaning is to care about which means to adore or worship something, as in the modern word cult. The second meaning is to take care of which means to nurse or look after something, as in the modern word cultivate. We then got into groups of three and started looking at a map of regions and giving three distinct or defining characteristics for each. The class time ran out before we could get to the final step of creating a chart that compares the cultural differences between the regions which I think we will start finishing this on Thursday.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Human Geo 12/11/17

Human Geo 1/12/18

Human Geo 12/12/17