A Message to Garcia

My interpretation of A Message to Garcia is about how people act and how in a job you try to find a person that does anything you ask without any excuses or stupid replies about needing help or not knowing how to do something. Four themes were present in this story taking the initiative, incompetence, excellence, and inspiration. The first theme taking the initiative, was shown in the beginning of the story by a man named Rowan took a letter from the president that was addressed to Garcia and four days later was in Cuba and went into the jungle. Four weeks after going into the jungle Rowan came out of the other side from delivering his letter and surviving the country on foot. The biggest thing that Rowan did was that he didn't ask the question of , "where is he at?" Instead he just took the letter and delivered it. The second theme incompetence, was shown in the time of our asking when we are the boss of six clerks and if we ask one of them a simple request they will look at us crazily and ask multiple questions that don't make sense to show that they are incompetent without even knowing what they have done. When they finally do what they are asked they will require help and then they will end up looking in the wrong place and when they return saying that they could not find anything on the subject we will just say never mind and do it for ourselves. the third theme excellence, this theme goes back to talking about Rowan who found Garcia and delivered the message and in his excellence of the task he was required to do he should be a person that has a statue at every university in their honor to mark what they were the one who did what they were asked with no questions at all. This also ties into the fourth theme of inspiration, because when kids see a statue of a man that once lived, they will want to know about him and how he did whatever made him so great. They will then take what they learned and apply it to their own lives and become the best worker that they can.

The first point that i will try to achieve in my five point plan is to write down all of my classes and any homework that I have and when it is due. Also with this I will write down when quizzes and tests are so that i can study and memorize things better. My second point is that I will ask my teachers about things that I do not understand and can do practice problems to learn what i did wrong and fix my mistakes. My third point is that I can create separate folders for each of my classes and stay organized so that I do not lose papers and I can turn everything in on time to get full credit. My fourth point is to focus in class so I can take good notes and I can ask the teacher to look over them if I think I missed anything or I mixed something up. My fifth point is to email my teachers if I miss a day so that I can get all of my makeup work and I can do any work that I am able to do at my house while I am sick or away.

Comments

  1. This is a terrific essay, John. Thorough and well-written with excellent observations. 50/50 on this essay.

    However, I think you forgot to finish the Action Plan. You only discussed one part out of five, and you stopped right in the middle of a sentence. If you want to finish it, update this post, then email me and tell me you updated. For now I will give you a 10/50 on the Action Plan. Fix your Plan and I will fix your grade. Thanks! Total grade (for now) is 60/100.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Human Geo 12/11/17

Human Geo 1/12/18

Human Geo 12/12/17